Jul 30, 2018

WOC tests in Latvia

6-8 of July we ran WOC test races in Latvia.



6 of July was sprint. The terrain was not relevant for WOC sprint.


I was the very first at start line. It was a bit strange feeling, as I knew no one was there on the course before. So, I thing I got some impact of it on my result too with 10 seconds of mistakes total.

7of July was middle.


Two days before, on Thursday we ran training on one of the official training maps ─ Ratnieki.


I'm not a pussy, but that was awful. Green, fallen trees, sometimes high undergrowth, and again green and fallen trees. Maybe it felt awful after nice and clear Swedish forest in which I ran before camp.
Anyway, tactics for middle test was to run on paths as much as possible, so I did.
But after some time on the course I realized that the forest of test was ok and nice sometimes to go straight.
It was also good idea avoid normal orienteering at test because my current technical shape is not at good level, I do a lot of mistakes.

Results, splits, my route, analysis.

Next day, 8 of July we ran test on long. Same terrain.
I tool a look a GPS tracking from middle and understood it was more reasonable to go more or less straight if there is no route choice options. So, I tried so.


Results, splits, my route, analysis.
Olav won both days. His performance on long was just from another planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment