Jul 31, 2018

O-Ringen

22-27 of July I ran O-Ringen in Höga Kusten area, Örnsköldsvik, Sweden.



22 Long

Results, GPS tracking, my route, analysis part 1, part 2.
A few mistakes



23 Middle

Results, GPS tracking, my route, analysis part 1, part 2.




I did a few mistakes, but took 2 place and 200 euro.

24 Sprint
Sprint was quite interesting as for me. I was expecting more boring course.
Results, GPS tracking, my route, analysis.

I made one stupid 10 seconds mistake, which costs me 2nd place and 100 euro. Anyway, I took 3rd place with 100 euro. Not great, but not too bad.

25 of July was a rest day for DH21 Elite. All the rest ran middle. They had rest when we ran sprint.

26 Long

Results, tracking, my route, analysis.
First control fast just a dream. Keep in mind scale 1:15 000.

I also made some mistakes:




 And last day, 27th, was also Long with chasing start based on time sum all previous stages.
Magne Daehli was in the lead. I started 4th with 07:09 back. I was only 55 seconds to Albin Ridefelt on third.

I pick Albin after left 5th control. We ran together to 6th. On the way to 7th I ran away from him, but made 2 minutes mistake on it

So, he went in the lead and did know about this. I knew I'm behind him and maybe will be able to pick time again if will not do mistakes.
We met each other at 13th. He already punched the control and was on his way to 14th, I was just attacking 13th. He was surprised. I was in doubt did he punch it or just going to find it. We made a few looks on each other. I understood he already was at 13th, punch it, try to continue run without mistakes and was looking for him in front of me. He had some 40 seconds lead. Together with good execution of routes that was enough to run away from me.

I did continue with some mistakes too, so the course was not perfect either. As always.



So, at the finish Albin got 2nd spot, I came 3rd. Leonid Novikov, who started in front of both of us, made big mistake on 10th control, so we passed him and had no clue about this, so our 2 and 3 places were a big surprise for both of us.

Results of the day, tracking, my route, analysis.
Total results


Organizers said it was 18 000 participants this year.
Olav Lundanes was in the lead after 2 first stages, but went back home to prepare better for coming WOC, which starts just 1 week after O-Ringen.
Definitely, many strong runners skip this year's edition due to this fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment