Nov 16, 2010

Tsiurupynsk

After few days at home I traveled to Tsiurupynsk.
This year Ukrainian Championships in Triathlon... in what? Is anyone know how it’s called?
We have competitions in normal orienteering. There are 3 days of events: middle, long and sprint. And after those events the winner is a man who takes highest number of points. There is a score table. 1 place take 45 points, 2 – 42, 3 – 40 and so on. And after 3 days there is total score. If you want to win, you have to run well all 3 days.
So, I traveled to watch this year championships. Last two years in a row I was a winner in men's Elite class, but this year I’m only supporter of my clubmates in SK “Nash Klub”.
A terrain of competitions was very challenging and very fast. And if you want to win you have to run fast and clear.
I don’t have a maps from competitions, but you can check them in blog of Artem Slotin: 1 day middle, 2 day long.

This year was also very good for my clubmates. We won Ukrainian Clubs Championships second time in a row. It’s really nice feeling even if you are not in the winning team but you know that your club is the strongest in all country.

After the Championships I traveled for few days in Odessa. Some time was spent for cartography of small park. Maybe I shall finish it during next spring.

3 comments: